View Single Post
Old 05-03-2014, 02:11 AM   #133
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

After some scouting, I make an offer to a Porto youth player they let get to this stage. He’s not great – like Jardel level middie, buts some useful depth. I also have a target that seems like he would suit my club – Nurnberg’s Martin Angha, 29 years old. He can play DLRC all well and would be a good spot starter/sub for my team. He’s willing to sign for a rotation contract, but he wants more that rotation money. More like 7-8k cash, which is key player level of money. So that might be the sticking point here. But I like him, he Swiss/DR Congo guy fits my team. He feels right. Not so good he forces out Aurelio or Martins, but good enough to start for a month or two without any questions, unlike my other folks.

In all of my career in FM, I have never had someone play the ML spot for me as well or consistently as Adam Hlousek. I had him for years in my Slavia Prague dynasty, and even as my team around him improved and improved, he still was just as good. His contract runs out in 2015. I approach him for a deal, and he is willing to sign a key player term, but he wants more like 11-12k rather than the 9k, which is my top budget. Ah well, once again, money.

Javi hasn’t been amazing at the ML, but he’s great as a AMC. I’m training him to improve at the slot. Meanwhile, I have Skolnik whose never played more than adequately. Perhaps as a result of his injury with the ligament? Skolnik is 25, not improving, and has just a 6.81 rating in his 9 games so far and a 6.91 from the 15 last year. He’s had a decent number of assists (8) and goals (3) from the spot in those 24 appearances, but he’s not the next level, like I want. 1 assist every 3rd game would be fine. If he started 30 games and had 10 assists, that would be fine by me, but he also needs a bigger presence, and Skolnik doesn’t have it, so I’m letting him go. He should be better with great mentals, and a 15 pass, 14/cross. But he just doesn’t produce on the pitch like he should. So the ML spot is up for grabs. Actually, ideally I could slide Candeias over and then move Aurelio up to MR. But neither would have that work very well. Still, I order Aurelio to learn it, maybe he’ll be a future ML of some sort. He is pretty sexy in many ways. He still remains of the best players at my club. But if I can sign a good ML, who would I look for?

Another player who always played well for my team, year after year, dynasty after dynasty, was Sebastien Renouard, who is also available (and old, at 30 years). I haven’t made a play for him in a long time, but it would be nice to be reunited, for the first time, with one of my regular reliable, underrated folk. And he’d be willing to come over for 8k on a key player deal. I could even run him on the ML. Ah…

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote