View Single Post
Old 05-03-2014, 08:11 PM   #139
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I head back to give things one more look before resigning myself to resigning Skolnik. Alright, I think I found my guy. For real this time, I hope. So he has agreed two days later, but I’m beginning to have buyer’s remorse. His name is Lucas Castro, of Argentina. Let’s do the comparison with Skolnik.

Castro is better than Skolnik at: Physical, Speed, a bit better at Aerial, Attacking
Same in: Technical, Creativity
Skolnik is better at: Mental, Defending

So, it looks like Castro is unqualifiedly better right?

His passing is 12/12. He’s 25, he really has no room to grow, and Skolnik is a better passer, and crosser. Castro has started for a Serie A club, Catania, for three years. Last year and this one, his numbers are in the mid 6s (6.74, 6.69). In 43 appearances, he has 4 goals and no assists. Is this a guy I can rely on to upend Skolnik? He plays all MC, MR, ML, AMC, AMR, AML and ST spots solidly, so he’s flexible. But, Rondon didn’t have the stats until last year, when he exploded. The right system can hone and perfect you. He still has four stars. But I’d be paying him a crap-ton of money. Is it worth it? Is Castro the right piece of the puzzle? I’m not as sold on him as others, he’s like my 6th or 8th best option. I could just head back, offer Skolnik, and move on. I do like his flexibility, and some defensive stats too. He can actually jump, head, mark, and so forth. Alright, I agree. He’ll arrive next season.

Despite beginning controlling, we had little effort in the first half They scored off a long shot that was well on target, with molassas. Half time – you have to do better folks! We had difficulty with scoring, until a Defederico DFK recoils off the crossbar, right to Adriano, who sinks it in the 73rd minute. A Espinosa to Candeais score follows a few minutes later. MOM is Daniel C. That was a bit of a let off lads! We’re having trouble scoring without Rondon. Once again, a win from behind.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is online now   Reply With Quote