View Single Post
Old 05-03-2014, 11:27 PM   #143
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Cenk Tosun has arrived. He’s match fit, so I’ll toss him on the bench for the match on the 31st. If he works out, then yay! If not, I can go elsewhere, it’s risk free.

Can we do anything in today’s home match vs Benfica? I begin defensive. Keep up where you left off! They have some early pressure, but it ebbs a bit, so I move to counter in the 9th. Skolnik finds an intercepted pass in a busy penalty area, slides the ball to Rondon who scores in the 15th minute. They score off a corner in the 24th to take us back. Then on a break away, Skolnik cross heavily to Candeais who drove and scores. We are back up 2-1 in the 33rd. Looking good folks! I order us to defensive again, but it doesn’t keep Benfica from scoring of a nasty rifled shot from just outside the box by their striker. Half time sees it all knotted up I tell them that they want revenge – it seems to really fire them up. Candeais makes an ugly cross in the 59th minute, one that is actually a shot on target, and the GK pushes it away, it is headed out of the box by a defender right to Skolnik, who puts it in from a tight angle. We are up 3-2. Matias has not been playing well, and neither Djaniny. I pull Matias for Javi and DJ for Cenk Tosun in the 63rd. A Candeais goal in the 64th is called offsides. I order harder tackling. They change to a 4-1-2-1-2. Daniel C is injured and I pull him off for Hernani Costa, whom I move ot DR and move Aurelio up. They get two yellows in the mid-70s, looking a bit off. I’ve been on counter for most of the game, but I slide back to defensive on the 85th. We must protect this house. Skolnik picked up a knock in extra time, but I have no subs left to yank him with. Can we hold on for a win against Benfica? Yes we can! Close. MOM is Skolnik.

Skolnik is out for two weeks with a damaged elbow. Daniel is fine though. We beat Benfica. This is a major game. We beat Sporting earlier. And then we turned around and got clocked by Porto 0-4.

I sign a youther who can speak German. He’s not that great.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote