View Single Post
Old 06-19-2014, 08:41 PM   #2
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

1998-99
The expansion Pittsburgh Condors are about to begin their first NBA season as the league's 27th team.

SALARY CAP: $52.54 million (Condors spend: $26.27m)

The owner has instructed us in the expansion draft to go for talent, but without breaking the bank. We're not allowed at any point in this dynasty to break any of the house rules or to amend them. We're stuck in this binary come hell or high water.

I'm almost certain we'll trade our 1st round draft pick this year, because I'm not interested in this draft class. That said, we're slotted with the 4th overall pick in this draft.

Spoiler

EXPANSION DRAFT:
With the rules being how they're setup, we have to find the best value we can. That said, technically according to the house rules we just can't sign any free agents who are 26-34, so if I wanted to expansion draft people in that age group we could. But the other consideration is our salary cap and not wanting to bust that. We only have $26m to spend and I'd prefer not to spend it on guys unwanted by their own teams.

In some cases, you won't know who these guys are or care. So I'm just gonna do my thing since it's an evening dynasty and then just report back after each year with whatever interesting stuff I find worth sharing. We gotta get through 10 seasons and I haven't even done one yet.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 06-19-2014 at 08:47 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote