View Single Post
Old 07-22-2015, 04:20 PM   #20
Greyfriars Bobby
College Prospect

Oops...I almost forgot the yearly "report card" from Professor Laertes.

Our 7-4 record and our strong finish certainly helped our Team Performance grade.

We had an idiot walk-on flunk a class, or our Academic Performance grade would have been better. We slipped four spots, to #22, on the academic rankings, although our rating (62) remained the same. Hopefully our academically-strong recruiting class will help turn that trend around. I noticed we got a walk-on punter who's an absolute moron, however.

If I cut the dummies, will I get new walk-ons who might be brighter, or will I upset the team too much? Any advice I could get from any TCY veterans out there would be appreciated.

Speaking of recruiting...look at that grade! Our recruiting class was ranked #62 by USA Today. Our closest Puritan Conference rival, Brockton, came in at #108, with the others even farther down. Interestingly, Florida State's class was ranked dead last! The 'Noles HAVE to be under some kind of Syndicate sanctions.

We were only on TV once, so we didn't bring in much money there.

Our alumni and the people of Barnstable have started to like the team more this season; their loyalty has risen to Fair from Poor. And, we have a new Syndicate Director, who's Good at all the aspects of his job.

On the whole, a satisfying first year. Plus, it was a lot of fun.
Greyfriars Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote