View Single Post
Old 06-28-2019, 10:47 AM   #9
GoBlue2419
High School JV

Ruben Solis is a 30 year old pitcher from Catano, Puerto Rico. The Mallards acquired him from the St. Louis Saints in 1973 in a trade for C Quintiliano Ezaki. He has been a consistent member of the starting rotation since 1975. He is coming off of his best season as a pro this past season, going 11-13 with a 3.60 ERA, 30 starts, 217.2 IP, and a 1.2 WAR. Good, not great.

One thing he is great at though is his work off the field with various organizations. He is very involved in charity work, and actively tries to recruit teammates to be more active in the community.

Ruben approached me about the Mallards helping out the community through either starting a charity or giving a donation. I thought this was a great idea. Having just stepped into these shoes, I felt like the time might not be right yet for me to start a charity in the Mallards’ name, but can without hesitation give a donation. I want the Mallards as a team to be active in the city of Milburn. Give back and all that stuff, y’know?

GoBlue2419 is offline   Reply With Quote