View Single Post
Old 01-01-2006, 11:04 PM   #102
hoopsguy
General Manager

Our offensive coordinator, Gary Lawson, opts out of his contract. Good move on his part, as I'm looking for someone to develop our young talent and I wasn't thrilled with his performance with our QBs last year. The other two guys want to stay - we'll see.

DC Ben Liddiard is secure.
Cost: 625K
Preferred D: 4-3 (matches my personal pref)

Most ratings are GOOD.
Scout LB and Develop DB are AVERAGE
Develop DL is VERY GOOD.

Expensive, but fits my needs.

Special Teams coach Teag Collier isn't the problem either. So we'll go hunting for someone to develop our offensive talent.

There is a guy named Chris DeMarco (not the golfer, this guy is from Alabama, not Florida) who looks promising. Prefers West Coast, 47 years of age with 17 years of coaching. He receives very high marks for scouting QBs and Motivation. Average at Scout WR/TE, OL, and Develop OL. Everything else is considered GOOD. Asking for 650K, which is just a little more than I was looking for.

Jim Hankton, hailing from Houston, prefers Smash Mouth, and looks like a steal at 650k. Average in RB development, Good in Scout QB, RB, and Gameplan, and Very Good for everything else. Smash Mouth would probably fit well with the returning talent at OLine and RB, but I want to have a team that can throw the ball as well. He is also asking 650K.

Kent McNown, an Oklahoma grad, is 49 years old who tends towards the Vertical offense. Everything rates out as Good, except Develop OL of Very Good. He is looking for 600K and will be our first target.

By the way, does anyone know what the "10 Team" entry depicts?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote