View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 10:38 PM   #37
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Now, with 19 million in cap room, I have every intention of taking as many undrafted free agents into camp as I can possibly cram onto my roster. That’ll take a while, so why don’t we come back when I’ve got them all

I drafted 38 players - not that bad actually. Free agents should fill the gaps quite nicely.

We got an A+ in our draft rating and everybody else got Cs.

I have made offers in the first pass to 59 undrafted free agents.

The “first pass” means that I take the top undrafted free agents, then look at each position and that the top 3-5 players then take a look at each of the special teams (KR, PR, LS, Holding) abilities and grab a few for each.

Now I’ll go back and try to find the diamonds in the rough.

These are the players with lower ratings but their bars just happen to be right, or they have a large volatility combined with intriguing scores. I make offers to an additional seven players here.

In fact, practically every player with a potential score of 40 or higher has an offer, no matter the position.

I’ve now made offers to 66 players, and in addition to my 38 draftees, that brings our class to 104 players.

They all sign with me.

I hop a few players to positions of need. I move Jerry Reeves to SE, for example. That way they get camp experience at their new position, but when I see the final numbers, I’ll move around even more.

Let’s go to camp

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote