View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 10:43 PM   #41
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Alright, let’s go position by position:

QB

Jack Yoo is the best player, but Dan is right behind. In fact, if you had simply skipped past the first round QB runs, and waited until the top of the fifth to take McElroy, you would have made out by getting other players in that slot. Imagine who I could have gotten in the 16 spot if I had waited until the 5th round for McElroy!

I could have gotten a 46/73 WLB and shored up my major weakness on defense, that’s what I could have done. BTW, the 49ers third overall selection and third QB in a row taken busted down to 7/27. Ouch.

The QB I wanted, Peter Briggs is at 21/50. The other QBs I was looking at are Kim McGregor at 13/42 and Shaun Erickson at 24/48. The top QB ain;t too bad at 59 potential. It appears that Jack Yoo was the best first round QB by potential at 62, but again, the top overall pick ain’t too far off. Yay WV!

Get this, from the last QB taken in round 1 until I took McElroy at the top of round 5, not a single QB was taken! That means, the draft went from pick 23 until pick 129 before another QB was taken. Again, had I known that, I would have just waited and snagged McElroy!

After I take McElroy, another QB isn’t taken until pick 28 of round five. It looks like I may have taken McElroy too early. I take a look at the last QBs taken. There was a seventh rounder who is almost all green but has a potential better than most other QBs drafted at 51, Benjamin Irvin. He would have made a good backup for a career.

I want to keep four QBs. Who?

McElroy and Yoo obviously. Who else?

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote