View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 10:50 PM   #50
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Ideally I have a good PR, a good KR, and a good player that has both as a backup.

Julio Idzak is an odd person, who I may have to leave on my team. Before I grabbed my free agents, I saw that TE Rasmussen was the team leader and several players didn’t like him. Now, Idzak is my leader, and there is harmony. He’s the worst receiver by far, but I may need to keep him as the PR for the long term, with concern to harmony.

The problem with that is some of these receivers with PR specialization are simply much better receivers too.

Simply put, I really can’t but Idzak unless I bring in a TE or WR with a leadership higher than Rasmussen’s, which is 89.

Is that person out there?

TE Frankie Polston, 14/35 has a leadership of 99.
There is no WR that meets those requirements.

Is Frankie worth signing? Here’s one thing, Frankie can sit in the inactive list, but if we put Idzak in as my PR, he has to get played. He’s not that good though. Hold on, let me check something.

No one currently has an affinity with Idzak, so Frankie may have people like him.

I release Idzak. Time to find out what happens.

Rasmussen becomes the leader. Harris Powell, my star, has a mild conflict. I can live with mild. Maybe some of the players I cut had conflicts.

With Idzak gone, I consider the PR race to be between Spencer and Segreaves. If I deem either a good enough player to make the cut at their position, then my choice is made for me. Let me do some checking.

Segreaves is a better receiver than Spencer is a corner. So, for now, Segreaves is in as my PR. I’ll keep Spencer on the roster for now, in case things change.

I need to keep either Ramsey or Bush. Both are pretty solid receivers, but Bush is a RB, so that’s not as good credit. Ramsey is the better player for his position, but the problem for that is if I go with Segreaves and Ramsey, I might not have room for the top receivers. Do I have top receivers?

Harris Powell – top
Jerry Reeves – top

Good receivers:

Wendell Frederickson

Hmm…

Would I be comfortable going to the season with Powell, Reeves, Frederickson, Segreaves and Ramsey?

Yeah, I would.

Let’s cut some receivers. I’ll keep a few extra just in case.

William Okobi is a good possession receiver, with high avoid drops and route running and adjust and courage, but poor 3rd down and big play and downfield. Would I want that?

I cut Randy Myers and Jermaine Weber

Now time for kick return. I have Buchanan and Wilkins, both corners. The question then is, which is the better corner?

I cut Wilkins

I now have my PR, KR, and backup PR/KR man. Excellent.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote