View Single Post
Old 02-18-2017, 05:27 PM   #13
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

This is a good time to pause and talk about one of the reasons I really enjoy the Necromantic team. They are a hardy, and surprisingly cheap bashy team.

As you know, all of my non-Ghouls have regeneration. Did you ever wonder what that does? If you suffer any form of casualty, you have a 50/50 chance of leaving the pitch and heading off like a KO. That’s big. That means we can shrug off the mighty blow and claw duo with more survivability. Imagine taking out a Flesh Golem. It has an armor of 9. That means you have to roll a 10 on 2d6 to break his armor when you tackle him, and then roll very unlucky to injure him, and then hit a 50% chance of avoiding it altogether. That guy is not getting injured easily!

Now I don’t have to spend the cash on a Apothecary, and only a Ghoul isn’t going to benefit (as a result, I tend to shy away from overemphasizing the Ghouls which others do).

So given that durability, who do you need to buy after your initial team? Unlike all of the other teams out there (save for Undead and Nurgle) you have to buy lineman. That costs a lot of money, but not here, here they are self-replacing. Did I kill a non-undead, non-stunty with a STR of 4 or less, then here’s ZOMBIE!!! And Zombies are very durable for lineman. AV8, and Regeneration means they are pretty durable, cheap dorks, only their lack of speed, at four, is bad.

So post initial team, there’s not an obvious need for more linefolk. And unlike other teams, there’s no big guy to pick up later, or key positionals I have to worry about selecting. I had all of my key players in my first team – 2 Flesh Golems, 2 Wights, 2 WWs, and a fw zombies. Only Ghouls are missing, and I’ll pick up another soon, but you can get one in a game or two.

That means just rerolls are your key target, and we do have to spend 140k for each one, but I typically need just four for most teams. Key ball pick ups, key tackles, key GFis, and such. Necro at four is fine. And then what are you doing? You aren’t replacing lineman. You have durable non-Ghouls. You don’t need to invest in Apothecaries or more than 2 RRs. There’s no big guy or expensive positionals you didn’t get – Ghouls are your cheapest positional anyway at just 70k. You can sometimes get 70k in one match. After spending 140x3, 420k, you have gotten everything you need.

Therefore I’m comfortable investing money elsewhere. An overly leveled Zombie that has no space for skills, players that are injured, and more. No sense not moving them and bringing in new talent, right? Otherwise we’ll just have a bunch of money sitting around and not doing anything.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote