View Single Post
Old 10-31-2016, 01:13 AM   #1342
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
Yeah, Episode 4 of Black Mirror... wow. Amazing. Just sat in silence for a couple minutes after, feeling the feelings.

Episode 5 was not great, but it had a tough act to follow.

Yeah...just........yeah.

I watched 4-6.

-For me, episode 4 is maybe one of the best things I've even on television. I actually cried happy tears at the end. How the writer managed to get such depth of character in a less than one hour episode, I have no clue, but it was masterful. It was fun and quirky for the first half, and then just segued into really deep themes. There was love, death, sacrifice, grief...none of it seemed corny or forced, either. That damn Belinda Carlisle song was a perfect choice...and it's been stuck in my head for a week now.

-I watched ep. 5 immediately afterward, and it fell flat by comparison. I need to watch it again.

-I read somewhere that ep. 6 felt like straight sci-fi thriller. It was, but in a good way. My only qualm was with the villain/ending. I'm glad they didn't let the cat out of the bag too early. I would have been bored by 80 minutes of cat and mouse. I do feel the villain was underdeveloped, though. Why did he feel so strongly about society? Ah, well.....can't have it both ways. Very good episode. It felt like a blockbuster big budget feature.

Any studio would be foolish not to send the show runner an offer.

Last edited by Karlifornia : 10-31-2016 at 01:14 AM.
Karlifornia is offline   Reply With Quote