View Single Post
Old 07-12-2020, 01:06 AM   #4107
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Usually I agree with champ advantage, but I just didn't see it there. Volko didn't do anything even in 4 and 5 to win that fight. I thought Max got robbed.

That was a poor fight - can't help thinking that would have been better put on the next monster card and give both fighters time to prepare. Sucks for Masvidal for that to be his shot as well, you can't think Dana will be rushing to put that particular match up back any time soon.

I agree, this card was good enough without Usman / Masvidal and the other two championship fights were both very good, minus the decision going to Volko (I had Holloway 48-47). The 3rd round was the decider and total strikes were close, but Max was more effective. I think Volko won the last two, his work rate was better.

I think Masvidal will get another shot by next summer, he should get fights with 2 of the following. Covington, Edwards, Diaz or McGregor and if he wins both will be back in line.

Yan is a beast but Sterling will give him a battle and the Rose / Andrade bout was special. Want to see them go at a third time.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote