View Single Post
Old 08-16-2020, 01:54 AM   #4119
bhlloy
Coordinator

Yeah, I dunno. I see a lot of similar sentiment but honestly, it was a very middling fight. The biggest thing that happened outside of Stipe catching him in round 2 (and if that round had been 30 seconds longer that would have been it) were the two eye pokes. Strategy is great and I can respect that both fighters made a ton of adjustments but ultimately, not a great fight to watch.

And with that out of the way, what a shitty, shitty card. Yes, O'Malley getting injured sucked but even then, he's a way overhyped fighter who got a co-main event because of Snoop Dog and his colorful hair. There have been legit higher ranked prospects who have looked great in Fight Nights and have been way further down the card than that. There's no way that should be co-main event in a $65 PPV. Rosenstruik - Dos Santos was a good fight and UFC gets credit for that match (although how hard is it really to put 5 vs 6) but I waffled on buying this, ended up buying it for sentimental reasons and really wish I hadn't. UFC 253 looks to be more of the same.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote