View Single Post
Old 08-16-2020, 09:45 AM   #4120
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
And with that out of the way, what a shitty, shitty card. Yes, O'Malley getting injured sucked but even then, he's a way overhyped fighter who got a co-main event because of Snoop Dog and his colorful hair. There have been legit higher ranked prospects who have looked great in Fight Nights and have been way further down the card than that. There's no way that should be co-main event in a $65 PPV. Rosenstruik - Dos Santos was a good fight and UFC gets credit for that match (although how hard is it really to put 5 vs 6) but I waffled on buying this, ended up buying it for sentimental reasons and really wish I hadn't. UFC 253 looks to be more of the same.

Yeah, not that great outside of the main for sure, though O'Malley is legit and he will be fine. But this is the second time this has happened. He needs to get it fixed. He will be a top guy in that division and would have handled Vera without the injury, just not his time yet.

The next card has a very exciting match up in the main, but the rest is so-so and I am glad I have that Superbox because I would not pay for it. I think UFC is paying now for the glut of cards they have had lately, the roster is just not deep enough to run weekly fight nights and then put on a top pay per view on top of it.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote