View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 12:36 AM   #8
Pyser
Pro Rookie

i've been "reading" a bunch of audio books this year.

my favorite reader so far has been Scott Brick. he must read a LOT because i've been jumping around and he's an option quite often. some of the books i've done recently that he read:

Cloud Atlas (one of 6 readers, all are great)
In Cold Blood
Ender's Shadow
The Devil in the White City

other books i really enjoyed lately on audible:

This is Where I Leave You - Jonathan Tropper - dysfunctional family sitting shiva. pretty funny.
City of Thieves - David Benioff - coming of age ww2 story in Russia. written by the guy running game of thrones
Downtown Owl - Chuck Klosterman - small town north dakota in the 80's, and one of the characters is read amazingly by Philip Baker Hall
Art of Fielding - Chad Harbach - slow starting story about a college baseball prodigy. it really comes around though.
Steve Jobs - Steve Isaacson - the first half of this book about Jobs building apple is pretty amazing, especially the details. it even gets into the shapes of rectangular icons and how they came about.

anyway, with an hour to an hour and a half in the car every day, i've been ripping through the audiobooks lately. those are the ones that stood out to me so far. also glad to get some recommendations here
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote