View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 04:00 PM   #14
Yoda
High School Varsity

Just finding this thread.... and a couple of I am sure flame worthy comments

1-Given the MP leagues and their usage of data, I would hope that if Jim doesn't include a way to directly upload into a database, that he gets with Greg and Greg is gracious enough to update his DBU to handle the new game.

2- If Jim's beta testers aren't willing to go all out and test things, to be rather blunt- he needs new beta testers. The point of a beta tester is to push things. And if you aren't willing to do that, then you don't deserve to be an alpha/beta tester. (I've been the beta tester on a number of titles- Ultima Online, WoW, EQ, EQII, Magic The Gathering Online, Star Wars, and at least a half dozen more titles)

Ben- I am sure you are not alone in those feelings, but there are others that aren't that way. And I really disagree on your assertion that things don't get found out in beta/test leagues.

Again, Beta testing is about pushing the boundaries, taking things to extremes.

3- Not sure I agree with an open beta. I am not sure the logistics of a single person working on a game of this magnitude could handle it.

4- test leagues---- I like the concept, especially since this next version seems heavily geared towards MP play. The question is getting at least 12-16 players willing to really put serious effort into it. It's more about mind set and dedication. And less about the individual.
FFL 2013 2014 2015
RNFL 2014 2029
GMFL 2009
HFL 1983 1987 1990
TFL 1983
vNFL 2024
GML 2011
WOOF 2018
Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote