View Single Post
Old 03-07-2016, 08:54 AM   #737
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

General Update - Olympic Trials

This past weekend the Senior Sectional Meet (the 15 & Over version of the meet the twins are swimming in this weekend) took place. Because this is an Olympic year the Senior Sectional Meet was done in a long course pool to give swimmers another opportunity to get a trials cut. So far I am aware of 2 swimmers that we compete against on a regular basis that earned cuts:

Liam Bell (15) - the boy that has dominated breaststroke in Brett's age group qualified for the Olympic Trails.

Tristan Ulett (13) - the girl that basically dominates everything in Bailey's age group will also be swimming at trials.

I don't expect they will make any finals (I believe there are 4 rounds of finals)...so even if you watch the trials you may not get an opportunity to see them swim, but it might be something to keep an eye on during trials as one of those interesting little side notes.

Note: Also Gold swimmer Lauren Case (who just signed with University of Texas), qualified in several events.

As we get closer to trials, I'll list all the Gold swimmers and any other swimmers my kids go against that will be competing at the trials (assuming it gets announced).

Last edited by Breeze : 03-09-2016 at 08:11 PM.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote