View Single Post
Old 10-15-2019, 08:33 AM   #247
revrew
Team Chaplain

Season 8, Week 5: 4-0 Dragons travel to 2-2 Philadelphia

How does a team even compete this banged up? Out with injuries today included: C1, C2, WR1, WR3, DE2, DT2, SLB2, CB1, CB3, FS1, and hobbled but playing anyway DE1, SLB1, and LG1.

You compete by putting up 31 points in the first half, and then sitting back and waiting to win, THAT's what you do!

I swear, somebody put Superman juice into QB Dakota Corriveau's coffee. In the middle of what was a otherwise a pedestrian day, Corriveau took a few deep shots in the 2nd quarter – and connected on them ALL, including a 61-yard TD strike to WR5 Isaac Kinney, a 15-yard tuddy to WR4 Xavier Bradley, and with time expiring in the half, a 50-yard bomb to WR Robbie "I'm suddenly setting the NFL on fire" Thompson.

Robbie T. is now #1 in the NFL in receiving yards, with 503 after 5 games. He's caught 78% of the passes thrown his way, which is a big part of his success.

The defense didn't accomplish much by way of the big play in this one, but despite a much depleted defensive front, the Dragons stuffed the line, allowing only 25 yards rushing on 23 carries.

I don't know how, I don't know how long it will last, but this Dragon team is determined to win, no matter who takes the field (with Corriveau). Des Moines surprises the experts with a stunning, 31-3 victory.
I came to the Crossroad. I took it. And that has made all the difference.
revrew is offline   Reply With Quote