View Single Post
Old 07-24-2022, 04:22 PM   #119
SecretAgentMan
n00b

Year 1, Chapter 10- European Youth Olympic Festival Results
"Greenland is Ice, but Iceland is Nice"
-D2: The Mighty Ducks

It had been a long week, but I was heading back to Reykjavik from my first ever European Youth Olympic Festival. It had been a fun week, but had we won anything? Well, in short, no. Did we come close? Also no. Hopefully it was good experience, particularly for the athletes who will be returning next year, but our kids are not at medal levels yet.

Our young Alpine Skiers had 10 different events to compete in during the week.

In Downhill Skiing, Benedikt Armannson had had a respectable finish, coming in 13th of 57 youth skiers. In the Super G, his weaker event, he had finished 47th. Viktor Stefannson had finished 41st in Giant Slalom and 45th in Slalom. Viktor Sigurdsson was 45th in the Combined.

On the girls' side, Sigrun Sigurdsdottir was 49th in the Downhill, 35th in the Super G, 45th in Giant Slalom, and 46th in Slalom. Sigrun Armannsdottir was 50th in the combined.

The next sport we were watching was Cross Country Skiing, where we had Kari Leifsson in the 3 boys' distance events. At 18, this is his final chance to be in the EYOF. He was 55th out of 58 in the 15km event, 58th in Skiathlon, and 29th in the 50km, by far normally his best event. It was disappointing, to say the least.

Finally, we had athletes competing in Snowboarding.

Emma Stefansdottir was 30th out of 49 in the Halfpipe, Daniel Robertsson was 18th out of 43 in the Slopestyle and 34th in the Big Air, Emma Olvirsdottir was 17th in Slopestyle, Emilia Stefansdottir was 33rd in the same event and 34th in the Big Air.

[END Year 1, Chapter 10]

As always, remember that you can help improve Iceland's fortunes! With any comments you make on this post, you get Dynasty Points that you can spend at a later date to increase Iceland's budget. I update this thread once each week! Next week, on to February 2023.
SecretAgentMan is offline   Reply With Quote