View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 06:44 AM   #1136
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

General Update – Brett

I regret to inform you that Brett’s time at E&H has come to an end. I noted in an earlier thread that during the first semester Brett’s girlfriend had been causing him a lot of issues, which ultimately impacted his grades. I didn’t get into how significant that impact was, but needless to say, it put him behind the 8-ball heading into the second semester. He really needed to have a strong performance this time around, and while he did better, he didn’t do well enough to maintain his scholarship. Given that we could barely afford to send him to E&H as it was, we certainly can’t afford to do so now.

This wasn’t entirely unexpected. Before he ever left for college we knew with his ADHD issues that he would struggle, but he is extremely smart and we hoped he would mature quickly away from home and rise to the occasion. I am heartbroken for him, as he really enjoyed being on that team, he was at home on the campus, and he loved Coach Cody. He also found a girl that he cared about and was a good influence on him. I’m so sorry it’s come to an end so soon.

I’m also a bit depressed if I’m being honest - and this is probably why I've taken so long to post this message. I'm going to really miss watching him swim, especially given that he was finally starting to achieve and get rewarded for his efforts in the pool, it’s a shame that it’s over. I absolutely loved going up to Abingdon and watching meets, and the ODAC Championship was, without question, the most fun I’ve ever had at a swim meet, and I was looking forward too many more.

Brett is currently enrolled at North Georgia. He’s hoping to get his AA degree there and then look to finish up his bachelor’s degree somewhere he can swim. My fingers are crossed he can make this happen.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote