View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 01:49 PM   #11
jdavidbakr
High School Varsity

I think Ben hit the nail on the head when he talked about the existing market having an effect on the paychecks. In RL, the cost of each position seems to ebb and flow a bit based on what is happening around the league. A WR signs to a huge contract, and suddenly all the other big WR's are wanting to do the same. Later a RB signs a huge contract, and suddenly RB's all want the highest salary in the league. I think if you code some of that logic into the system, then no matter what the salary cap is, the law of supply and demand will force each team to use most of their cap, and the talent level in the league will determine what positions have the higher salaries; just more organic in nature. And I also think that you should have a balance between how good a player really is and what his stats say - and have some players that think they're better than they are, so they try to get more money, other players who are team players and will take less money to field a winning team, others who are really good but haven't played much so they don't realize how good they are, and all these factors would be tied to their personality traits, making the whole process more organic. Lastly, give the organic feedback - if a player thinks he's all that but his stats say otherwise, have his agent say so.
jdavidbakr is offline   Reply With Quote