View Single Post
Old 05-15-2015, 03:45 PM   #1
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Specific Interface Question 1: Player Stats

I'm going to further break down my interface thoughts.

In general, my theory is that the game is a workplace, and you should be able to set it up to fit your screen. Open the game, move windows where you like them - if you have screen space then you should have the opportunity for several windows.

Player Cards are difficult. The "old" idea was to present them like you present a football card. One "side" is mostly career stats, the other "side" is player information and links to actions.

One idea that's been presented is to use the card to show only the most recent season of stats, and only the stat set most relevant to that player's position. You would then click on a button or that stat field to show the full statistics card.

That way, the player card can be completely reorganized to feature ratings, player information, etc. The down-side is that you'd be one more click from the player stats, one more click from the award list, one more click from the transaction list.

Does this seem like a good idea? Which lists should be as they are now - fully iterated on the main player card? Which lists should be one click away? Is scrolling acceptable for all lists or just some lists?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote