View Single Post
Old 06-04-2008, 12:25 PM   #42
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxon View Post
I don't think Hillary would have given a better race. There's way too many republicans who still have a hate on for the Clintons, especially the far right who really doesn't like McCain all that much either. They'd certainly have been motivated to vote against a Clinton but now, maybe not so motivated to vote for McCain.

I agree. The idea of Clinton as president would be enough to get people out to vote against her. She's a polarizing figure. While McCain may not cater to all, a lot of moderates like him and I think he'd get their vote over Clinton's.

I still think McCain was the Republican's best bet for the White House regardless of the Democrat's nomination.

Hopefully Obama can pull this out.

See you fellas in November.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote