View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 10:39 PM   #1
PilotMan
Head Coach

Warriors in the (North) East (WMMA2)

I was sitting in my new office in Manhattan when it dawned on me. “ I still can’t believe that I am doing this!” I mean, who in there right mind gets a shot like this? I pushed back from my desk where I had been staring at my computer. Video after video had played on the screen. I went to grab a cup of coffee, before my afternoon meeting with my new boss. It was my boss, after all, who was responsible for all of this. This office, this business, and ultimately these videos and soon these fights, were all because of him. It was just my job to get all work done so that we could get started.

I walked down the street, and proceeded up to the assistant in the office building. I was immediately stopped by the man behind the desk.

“Uh, he’s not in right now. He had to cancel his meeting with you, but he did leave this message.”

“Tex,

I had other, more pressing financial decisions to make so you’re on your own. I’ll get caught up with you later by phone. I know that you’re the right person for this, that’s why I hired you. I trust that you can make some good decisions and get us all set up to run our first show before the end of the year. I want to hear about these guys that you are bringing in, soon, our venture depends on it. Don’t fuck it up.

Donald T.”

Well that’s nice, I thought to myself, as I turned around after thanking the guy behind the desk. I don’t even have the job for two weeks, and already, I can’t get a meeting with him. No matter, I didn’t have much to say anyway. Back to my office, back to the phone and the you tube videos.

I am Tex Awesome, great name huh? My six year old said that my real name was too boring. He liked this much better. I am the new president of upstart MMA promotion Cage Warrior Fighting Championships. It’s funny that we have office here in the city, when MMA is banned here. Point being, that it isn’t banned across the river. So we can get all of these people over there, for the fights, and we can get some money in the bank.

Speaking of money, our sole investor, and owner has made a significant investment in this, and while I am not making that much, it is my desire, to see that the both of us make much, much more in the coming years. Right now is prime for a new promotion. There are lots of up and coming fighters as well as some older guys who are on the way down that are still looking for a place to fight. The northeast is largely untapped, and we are so small how could anyone care anyway?

I have been doing some work for various promotions but nothing serious, and nothing that made me think that this was going to be the pinnacle of my career. I got a call from some guy about a month ago. I thought it was some random interview about the state of the MMA business. I was half asleep anyway. Two days later this lawyer shows up on my doorstep with a contract. I had no idea what to think. Except that at a time when so many are out of work, I am being offered this job, and this opportunity, and I still had no idea who I was going to be working for.

So here I am. I am back on the phone and back to youtube. We gotta get some fighters in here.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

Last edited by PilotMan : 11-24-2009 at 01:02 PM.
PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote