View Single Post
Old 07-31-2016, 09:25 PM   #464
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

As the first line of screeching Drakkarim hurl themselves forwards, you advance to meet their attack, your weapon dealing them destruction in a wide arc. Resistance meets your weapon’s keen edge, though it is not the touch of armour or flesh. Your powerful blows shear through Drakkarim bodies with the sickening feel of clinging jelly. It is as if you are fighting against a horde of bloodless phantoms possessed of a rubbery strength in their rotting, wasted limbs. The first line falls, but a second is poised ready to throw itself upon you with a mindless fury.

Drakkarim Marines (undead): COMBAT SKILL 42 ENDURANCE 42

These undead beings are immune to all forms of psychic attack, except Kai-surge and Kai-blast.

(I use KS and…3 and 8 kill them, and I took 4 damage total from everything)

(I win quickly)

The moment you slay the second wave of undead, a third wave presses forward. They clamber awkwardly over the heaped bodies of those you have destroyed, their bony hands brandishing rusty blades and their eyes burning with a cold, devilish fire.

Seizing your only chance, you retreat from this onrushing horde and evade them by descending a stair which leads down into the ship’s hold. Above, you can hear the frenzied shouts of the Lencian crewmen as they are engaged by the undead Drakkarim in fierce hand-to-hand combat. Then the clatter of steel-shod boots on the steps alerts you to the fact that the Drakkarim have not given up the chase. As they begin to descend, you quickly scan the gloomy hold for a place to hide.

(I do not have Assimilance)

You crouch down amongst the foul-smelling debris which litters the floor of the hold, watching with bated breath as a dozen undead warriors enter by the stairs and begin a systematic search. Your Kai camouflage skills make you virtually invisible to the eye, but these undead Drakkarim no longer have eyes—they are using powerful psychic probes in an effort to locate you.

(I do have Kai-Screen + Grand Guardian)

The undead warriors carry out a thorough search of the hold, passing several times within inches of where you are hiding, yet they fail to find you; your Kai Mastery keeps you safe from detection. As you wait patiently for them to leave the hold, your thoughts are with the Lencian crewmen. The sound of fighting on the deck above has ceased and you are fearful that all the crew may have been slain by these merciless enemies.

(I follow the undead as they leave)

You climb the stairs cautiously and peer over the lip of the hatch in time to witness a scene that shocks you to the core. You see that the undead Drakkarim warriors have slain all of the Lencian crew and have heaped their bodies around the base of the mainmast. One of the undead, clad in a filthy grey cloak embroidered with alien symbols, utters a chilling liturgy over the corpses of the slain. The chill air crackles with power and sparks of evil energy whirl around their bodies. When at last the liturgy ends, you see the dead Lencians rise up and take their places alongside the Drakkarim undead.

Numb with shock, you slowly retreat down the stairs and hide yourself in a corner of the ship’s hold while you consider a new plan of action.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote