View Single Post
Old 08-05-2022, 10:55 AM   #23
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
My educated guess is they need to balance the books.

It's this.

They haven't made an operating profit since 2017. Which isn't the end of the world, really, as long as they don't get too far over their skis. So they need sales to fund purchases.

Honestly, I'd take the news as more of a good thing than a bad thing. Plenty of mid-table teams make a gamble that they can overspend and then make it up by qualifying for the UCL and then when they miss they get into huge financial trouble which screws them up for years. What Leicester's doing is a sign that they know what the safe road to take it, and aren't going to jeopardize their position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Manchester United vs Brighton (9:00 AM)

Speaking of teams that "Eff I know what's going to happen", helloooooo Manchester United! After an offseason where Cristiano Ronaldo tried to flog himself to every champions league under the sun and tried to pull the petulant star power move of leaving a preseason game at halftime after being substituted, but he's not going anywhere. At least for now. New manager, new system, and well (waves vaguely at the fans wanting the Glazers under the Guillotines). In short, this fixture is a whole truckload of banana peels for the Red Devils. I don't think it's a complete wind up, but to the Red Devils fans, a draw is as good as a loss, so let's go for that.

Foz Prediction: 2-2 draw

Just a reminder that this fixture ended 4-0 in favor of Brighton last May.

I'm watching all the Ten Hag stuff with a creeping sense of dread. It's all positives of how he's getting the team to "buy in" and whatnot, but there's still a gaping hole in the bottom of the midfield that's been there since Carrick retired and has only grown in importance in the modern game.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote