View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 06:28 PM   #556
Radii
Head Coach

-- ML Jonathan Walters got an offer from Stoke in the Championship but couldn't come to a contract agreement. That's the only offer for him so far and would have gotten me under budget. Annoying!

League Cup 1st Round Draw

-- We're going on the road to League 1 side Bristol Rovers.

Expectations

This is the first year that our expectations aren't to just have fun in these competitions. We're expected to reach the 3rd round of the League Cup and the 4th round of the FA Cup, in addition to the top half finish in the Championship that we need to obtain.

Transfer Out

-- Giovanni Rossi has agreed to a deal with Salamanca in La Liga. Salamanca has bounced around between the top and second leagues in the Spanish system for awhile now.

Budget

The "overview" page says our budget is $275,000/wk in salaries. The finances page says its "$273,479/wk (Including youth grant income: $785/wk).

This matters as our current payroll without Rossi is now $274,550/wk. Are we over or under?!

We still want to sell Walters. If we do that we have the breathing room to go get a backup GK.

-- I have multiple loan offers out for defenders. Some were made before I made this formation change. Moving Berthet back into the defense fixes depth problems. I'll hopefully end up with a loan upgrade at DL. Some of the guys I'm looking at loaning are really, really talented DC's as well. Bruce/Brown seem like a very strong combination so we'll have to decide what to do depending on who accepts loan offers. We'll deal with that soon though. Loaning in 3 guys and hanging on to the 4th until we're a ways into the season would be a smart option, its not one that I usually go with though.
Radii is online now   Reply With Quote