View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 03:50 AM   #565
Radii
Head Coach

-- The first meeting with my old team comes early.

August 26th, 2017

Ipswich(0-2-1, 18th) @ Woking(0-0-3, 24th)

We're even money favorites on the road today. Woking have scored 1 and allowed 5 so far and don't have a point yet. Woking have only made a couple new acquisitions and won't stand a chance of staying up in the Championship. They've switched to a 5-3-2.

GK: Murphy
D: Kirkland/Gudmundsson/Bruce/Berthet
DMC: Paulo
MC: Coutts/Bennett
AMC: Gordon
ST: Khan/Lewis

Kirkland at DL, Gudmundsson at DC for Troy Brown. Brown missed all our preseason hurt and he's still warming up basically. We're attacking today.

1': We march down the field and earn a corner 30 seconds in. They're able to clear it out.

7': We earn a second corner. Its taken to Alex Bruce and he receives a yellow for diving in the area to try to draw a penalty.

12': We earn another corner. Gudmunsson takes it to Bruce, instead of shooting he sees Bennett available, passes to him and he shoots with his first touch and beats Lynch for his first goal of the year. 1-0

15': Berthet plays a ball into the area, Neil Gordon gets behind the defense and has a free look at the goal, but he puts a shot wide, he really needed to score there.

24': We earn a corner, they clear but we send it back forward. Bennett crosses in and there's a header by Lewis... off the crossbar! Vince Taylor makes the clearance.

33': The first highlight for Woking, they earn a corner. Paulo heads it behind for a second corner. It takes some effort but we finally clear and begin a counterattack. They cut that off though.

HALF: That'll do it for the first half. We only manage 5 shots so far, 1 on target for the goal. We had a couple other really good looks. Woking have 1 off target shot. We have a 63/37 possession edge and are dominating everywhere. We need to hold this lead though.

68': Paulo earns a yellow. We've seen a couple highlights but the half is flying by, a credit to us I suppose.

74': walker in for Coutts.

83': Troy Brown in for Paulo and we drop to a 5 man defensive line to hold this one hopefully.

Woking try to press and ST Bob Green (the guy I signed last year that had tons of value but that I stuck on the reserve squad) takes a long range shot that hits the crossbar, but that's the only action of the final 10 minutes. We get out of there with the 1:0 win.

Woking 0 : 1 Ipswich

Man of the Match: Stuart Kirkland (7.6)
Goal: Bennett (7.5)
Assist: Bruce (7.2)
Notables: Berthet (7.1), Gudmundsson (7.1)

Rob Lewis again has it very bad putting up a 5.5 rating. I'm wondering if I need to bring on another striker and put Lewis on the reserve squad, he's only 19 and may not be quite ready for prime time.

Vince Taylor had a 7.0 rating and played really well for Woking. Simon Ferry is a starter now and put up a 5.7.

Kirkland was dominant in the air for us today and was solid passing the ball, unlike Lewis Kirkland is a really young kid who seems to be playing well.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote