View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 03:59 AM   #566
Radii
Head Coach

New Signing

... or ... wasn't I supposed to use that money on a keeper?

Speed kills. I noticed in the preseason that one of the fastest players I've ever seen was out on the transfer market, but I had no money. after a few sales, however, the money was there. It took $1.1 Million + 50% of his next sale, but 36 goals in League 2 and 48 goals in League 1... that's a known quantity that I really wanted to try out at the Championship level.

Welcome ST Constantino to Ipswich. He's valued at $2.9M. Aston Villa were asking $1.5M. I tried to work a trade for youngster Hughes as it was rumored they were looking for a defender, but I guess they weren't interested in a project as they were set on $1.5 million. I ended up offering what I could, $1.1 mil, plus the next sale clause, and that got it done.

He'll be making $17,000/wk, which puts me back over budget but I have two older strikers that are now expendable and unloading one should get me back under budget.

There are two big questions that will be answered over the coming months:

1. Can the physical gifts Constantino has translate to goals at this level?
2. Is my obsession with signing this guy worth dumping my entire transfer budget and ignoring the fact that I have a 34 year old keeper with no backup.

Offense is sexy!
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote