View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 05:31 AM   #568
Radii
Head Coach

-- Neil Gordon is called up to the English U21 squad. Backup DR Michael McKerr will play for Northern Ireland, Brian Murphy for Ireland and Troy Brown for Wales in World Cup Qualifying.

-- Neil Gordon is named to the team of the week!

Transfer Out

34 y/o ST Jon Stead is offered to other clubs. He gets lots of offers, all but one he rejects the contracts offered. He's willing to go to Scunthorpe but only if we'll pay him $4,000/wk for the duration of his contract. That'll cut $8,000/wk off our budget and get us back under, so I'll do that. The transfer won't go through until January though.

-- Troy Brown puts up a 7.2 rating as a starter in a Wales 3-0 victory over Andorra. Wales is 6-0-1 in their group, 1 point behind Portugal for 1st place with 3 matches to go. They probably won't win their group but they'll almost certainly get the one game for a chance to go.

-- Its a few days later so I won't change what I wrote... Wales beats the shit out of Portugal 4:1 to take over first in their group. Troy Brown came on as a sub but didn't do all that well with a 6.5 rating.

September 16th, 2017

Ipswich(2-2-1, 10th) @ Exeter(3-0-2, 7th)

We're even money favorites on the road today. We're 2-0-1 against them in our history. Exeter has bounced around an awful lot, they were in the BS Premier leauge in 07/08, went straight to league 1, fell back to league 2, back to league 1, and 2 years ago won the league 1 playoffs to promote. Last year they finished 19th, avoiding relegating back down by a few spots.

GK: Murphy
D: Kirkland/Brown/Bruce/Berthet
DMC: Paulo
MC: Donnelly/Bennett
AMC: Gordon
ST: Khan/Constantino

Luke Daley has 3 goals for Exeter, he's been their leading scorer for the last 6 years now. MC Michael Rooney is noted as their dangerman. No changes to our lineup today, and we start out in a standard mindset on the road today.

8': We give up a corner kick, they take it way out front to a man 25 yards from the goal, he shoots it and hits the crossbar, and then we clear.

12': We clear a ball out of the defense, there's a long ball played ahead and Constantino's speed comes out, he is first to the ball, he gets into the area... but his shot is saved by their keeper. Damn!

18': We're on the attack again, Donnelly makes a long run down the middle, avoids a sliding tackle, and sends it into the right side of the area. Constantino breaks onto the ball, shoots from a tough angle out past the right edge of the 6 yard box and he beats the keeper and scores!! 1-0

24': They have a corner, we struggle to clear it out but once we do its a bit of a breakaway, Khan receives a long ball way out left, he runs forward, passes to the middle for Bennett, Bennett has a pretty good look about 18 yards out but Constantino is a bit further right with an even better shot, Bennett lays it off and Constantino puts it by the keeper! 2-0

33': We build up down the right side, Bennett plays it to Donnelly who is 35 yards out, he makes a little move and puts a ball into the area, Constantino was out wide right and comes charging in, he's first to the ball and shoots with his first touch and its a hat trick!!! 3-0

HALF: Welcome back Constantino! Donnelly and Bennett with beautiful plays to get all these open shots, but it takes Constantino's speed to get to the ball first and the finishing to put them away. We shoot 4 times, all on target and 3 goals. Exeter shoots 7 times, only 1 on target.

59': Walker and Coutts in for Donnelly and Bennett. Lets keep them rested.

72': Kirkland picks up an injury, he's having another strong game today, I'd hate to lose him for awhile.

74': Fryers is in for Kirkland.

We put this one away in solid and boring fashion.

Exeter 0 : 3 Ipswich

Man of the Match: Constantino (9.5)
Goals: Constantino 3
Assists: Donnelly 2 (8.9), Bennett (7.5)
Notables: Murphy (7.1), Berthet (7.4), Kirkland (7.4), Bruce (7.5)

After losing our first match we're 3-2-0 and doing pretty well here. I have to say I'm giddy seeing Constantino pick up a hat trick today in his second match for us.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote