View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 03:53 AM   #576
Radii
Head Coach

October Update

-- We play on the 3rd, 7th, 21st, and 28th. There's a break again for World Cup Qualifying it appears.

-- Bryan Bennett earns his second straight Young Player of the Month award! Bennett has 3 goals and 4 assists in 10 matches, earning a 7.46 rating.

-- QPR's manager earns manager of the month. Hull's manager was second and I finished 3rd.

-- The board is "very pleased" with my overall leadership. I noticed in Septemer they were "satisfied with my coaching" ... the use of the phrase "coaching" vs "leadership" is interesting, I wonder if that means anything? Bringing on Bryan Bennett is the highlight, while our League Cup 1st round loss is the lowlight. We lost $408,000 last month.

Financial Update

When I first took over, the club had something like -$14,000,000 balance, maybe more. The combination of selling off players plus the early season revenue from season tickets was massive and made us cash positive. We're slowly losing money during the season and we'll likely be cash negative again by the end of the year, but we are going to turn a profit.

Right now we're sitting on a profit of $12.5 million. We could lose $500k each month the rest of the way and be in amazing shape still given what I took over. If we can compete for the playoffs AND turn this kind of profit I'm hopeful that the board will love me.

October 3rd, 2017

Ipswich(6-2-2, 3rd) @ Leeds(4-2-3, 12th)

Leeds are superslim 6:4 favorites at their house today, we're 13:8 to get a win, 2:1 to tie. We're 3-3-6 against Leeds in our history, and just like Stoke the road team won both times last year. This is Leeds' 8th straight year in the Championship. They finished 6th two years in a row but that was awhile ago. They're a steady mid table team the last 3 years.

GK: Murphy
D: Kirkland/Brown/Gudmundsson/Berthet
DMC: Paulo
MC: Donnelly/Bennett
AMC: Gordon
ST: Khan/Constantino

Leeds ST Steve Carroll has 8 goals in 9 matches so far this season. Bruce is more tired than usual after a DMC start and he sits today. Paulo and Gordon are back in the lineup. We'll defend today at the start.

5': We build up, Khan has it 25 yards out and puts a ball into the area, Neil Gordon is there and he has a great look at the goal... but ends up with a really weak effort right at the keeper. That's a clear cut chance and he really needed to score.

12': They attack and there's a cross in from the left, a header from within the 6 yard box, Murphy really can't cover much here... but its right at him and he saves. Its pouring down rain today and I wonder if these guys are struggling to get their footing.

18': We have the ball for a good long time, working it around left to right and back, Donnelly ends up getting it to Constantino in a really dangerous spot in the penalty area, the defense is there too, and Constantino puts a shot over. Its not a clear cut chance but I'm really not sure why not, there wasn't a ton of space but he had a great look.

36': We've got it near midfield, a couple passes around the left, Kirkland to Paulo, Paulo is 40 yards out, he puts it into the penalty area and its just a spot on perfect pass. Constantino sprints behind a defender and puts it in the net!! 1-0

41': Khan goes down injured. He's got to come out of the game immediately. Ugh, I love Constantino but Khan is a really talented striker, lets hope this isn't too bad. Rob Lewis is in.

HALF: Not a lot of really strong highlights here, but we do have 10 shots and they have 6. The longer the game goes on the more it seems that the weather is playing a major factor here. We'll continue to defend the rest of the way most likely.

62': Leeds build up an attack, they have it way out left, there's a pass to a striker about 25 yards out, he turns and fires a shot, Murphy can't get to it, it hits the left upright and deflects in... 0-1 That was really fast and kinda out of nowhere.

71': Walker and Coutts in for Bennett and Donnelly.

90': Berthet saves the game. They have a ball into the area, an attacker gets to it and is 10 yards out with what looks like a very easy goal coming. Berthet comes in with a sliding tackle and pokes the ball away before a shot is taken.

That does it, we never come out of our defending mindset here, pretty ok with a a tie on the road here.

Leeds 1 : 1 Ipswich

Their goalscorer is man of the match.

Goal: Constantino (7.0)
Assist: Paulo (6.9)
Notables: Berthet (7.0), Kirkland (7.2)

-- Matthew Khan is going to miss 5-8 days. That's not bad at all, except that we play our arch rivals Norwich in 4 days and Khan is going to miss out.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote