View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 02:13 AM   #530
thesloppy
Pro Starter

For a liberal analog to how hollow 2nd amendment arguments sound to me, I'd offer: a perfectly healthy dude with dreadlocks, a baja shirt, and quilted pants, reeking of patchouli who wants to talk your ear off about the medical properties of marijuana. He has a stance that is perfectly sound...but you're going to be practically insulted if THAT dude insists he's primarily smoking weed for medicinal reasons.

Similarly, I don't so much believe folks are interested in protecting themselves from extended government tyranny more than just protecting them & their shit from whomever may directly threaten it, and extending that threat to government agents isn't so much a primary motivating factor based on the grand constitutional history of our country as much as it's simply naming one of the types of hypothetical people you'd be willing to shoot if they directly threatened you & yours.

Do I believe some of you would shoot government agents who threatened you or your property directly? Absolutely. Do I believe those same particular folk would join a revolutionary force (let alone give a single wet fart) based on someone ELSE'S rights and/or property getting threatened in the exact same manner? Give me a fucking break.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 03-09-2018 at 02:27 AM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote