View Single Post
Old 03-11-2018, 07:52 PM   #600
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
This is literally one of the most exceptionally weak arguments I have ever read, for anything. One group of people exercising their rights more than another chooses to doesn't carry with it any threat of tyranny. That's like saying people who don't vote are being disenfranchised; no, they just chose not to vote.

You're absolutely right. That is one of the weakest arguments I've ever heard. Thank God that you're the only one making it.

You can try and muddle the terms all you want, but if you're going to look at me with a straight face and tell me a single group of politcally minded people being armed not only doesn't carry any threat, but the suggestion is one of the weakest arguments you have ever read? For anything? I honestly don't know how you can expect anything but a befuddled stare in response to this.

Just to be clear, and in effort to prevent any further word twisting: do I personally consider collective GOP gun owners a tyrannical threat? No, but I certainly consider them more of a threat to the political progress/process than I do as a revolutionary force protecting me from government over-reach, which is where that hypothetical argument stemmed from, so please don't try to suggest that I'm being hysterical or that I believe that gun owners are on the verge of armed revolt.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 03-11-2018 at 08:22 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote