View Single Post
Old 09-28-2019, 02:02 PM   #13
QuikSand
lolzcat

Okay, I see how this works. With my OL group, I have up/down triangle buttons to click by each guy - here, I get to set the starting lineup, set one guy as an extra OL, and everyone below that slot gets labeled as "(cut)" by his name. Makes sense. The rookie OL is still 9-7-6 (same as during the draft), that makes him my starter at RG. Our 35 y/o vet is done, he moves down to the (cut) range, and I guess that means we keep 6 OL.

DL Harts (7-6-5) is a cut candidate, even with my poor group here - but because he's young, I keep him ahead of a 31y/o guy who moves down to (cut).

...I now see the point here. Very rigid limits on each position group, so if you draft a HB, frex, you must still cut down to two HB on your final roster. So, drafting for need is key. I'm cutting a 29y/o 7-7-7 guy just to make room for my rookie there... I would have been better off adding a DB, even if he stinks, I guess.

Now, I am confused about my WR group. EVeryone but Thomas had a star, I thought that means they were free agents. But I have 7 guys for 5 positions here, after drafting two rookies. Not sure how that works.

I'd much rather cut TWO stiffs at DB, and keep an extra RB or WR, but I don't seem to have that option. Noted.

Sounds like that's it. So, I still don't really understand how players leave my team - the game mentioned there were free agents. I didn't have any opportunity to try to retain them, it seems like they all came back, but I'm not sure. I think I cut 7 players to clear space for 7 rookies, suggesting that the roster was full leading up to the draft. Not sure, though.

Anyway, I'm back to the preseason and training camp routines, where I guess I get to bump up a few players, and tweak the team training emphasis. At last, I guess I have completed one full cycle. Okay, then.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote