View Single Post
Old 05-13-2014, 08:30 PM   #54
larrymcg421
Head Coach

October 3

Vauxhall (4-2-7, 20th) at Hereford (7-2-4, 5th)

The guys play incredibly well on the road against a really strong Hereford squad. At this point, I'm really happy with a draw, but then Spencer Harris knocks in a loose ball off a corner and we have the lead. Hereford never really come close to threatening and we've now won 3 of our last 4 matches!

Final: Vauxhall 1, Hereford 0
Goal: Harris
Assist:
Top Three: Harris 7.5, Walker 6.8, Blakely 6.8
Worst: O'Callaghan 5.9

October 10

Vauxhall (5-2-7, 16th) vs. Forest Green (4-3-7, 20th)

And this is how this game can mess with my sanity. We've been on a roll lately, have moved up to 16th, and playing a really bad squad at home. We're up 2-1 (two O'Callaghan goals) as late asthe 60th minute and then everything falls apart. They score on a cross into the box and Blakely is furious, protesting that the player was offsides. He protests so much that he gets a yellow, his second of the game, and is sent off. Forest Green take advantage and score the game winner in the 85th minute.

Final: Forest Green 3, Vauxhall 2
Goals: O'Callaghan 2
Assists: Pino, Hubbard
Top Three: O'Callaghan 8.8, Hubbard 7.1, Pino 6.8
Worst: Harris 5.4

October 13

Vauxhall (5-2-8, 19th) at Southport (2-4-9, 24th)

We get several opportunities to take the lead, but frustratingly cannot put them away. It's a 0-0 halftime score when we should've been up by 2 at least. Then Southport score on a free kick in the 50th minute. Our furious attack puts pressure on them, but still can't finish the job, and they score a backbreaker in the 85th minute.

Final: Southport 2, Vauxhall 0
Goals:
Assists:
Top Three: Hewitt 6.8, Fearnehough 6.7, Harris 6.7
Worst: Clark 5.7

I picked up DMC Luke Foster on loan. He's better than Blakely at that spot and I can move Blakely back to his traditional CD spot.

October 17

Vauxhall (5-2-9, 20th) at Barnet (10-3-3, 3rd)

Once again we head to the break with a scoreless tie, despite spending much of the first half in front of their net. Then they score on a corner and we're down again. O'Callaghan comes through to equalize for us in the 67th minute, but then they score off a free kick in the only a minute later. We try furiously to equalize again, but Barnet score another in the 90th minute to end it.

Final: Barnet 3, Vauxhall 1
Goal: O'Callaghan
Assists: Hubbard
Top Three: O'Callaghan 7.2, Hubbard 7.0, Foster 6.5
Worst: Clark 6.1

October 24

FA Cup: 4th Qualifying Round

Vauxhall at Matlock

We have a week off after this, so we can play most of our starters against this lower division squad. O'Callaghan gets an early goal and then Ellams comes through with a hat trick. We coast to victory, although we should beat a team like this by more.

Final: Vauxhall 4, Matlock 1
Goals: Ellams 3, O'Callaghan
Assists: Clark, Peake, O'Callaghan
Top Three: Ellams 9.6, O'Callaghan 7.9, Peake 7.8

October 31

Vauxhall (5-2-10, 22nd) vs. Stockport (4-6-7, 20th)

Stockport get 2 shots on target and score on one of them. We get 10 shots on target and score on none of them. That's how it goes for Vauxhall football these days. I have to find some way to turn this around or we will be relegated.

Final: Stockport 1, Vauxhall 0
Goals:
Assists:
Top Three: Foster 6.9, Walker 6.8, Kennedy 6.8
Worst: Fearnehough 6.4

*I loan RW Mark Dark, who is a very good crosser, to help out at the RW spot.

*We have scored the 2nd fewest goals in the league. So much for the thread title.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote