View Single Post
Old 05-16-2014, 11:22 PM   #69
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Offseason

*The board finally signed me to a two year deal.

*Unfortunately, payroll budget is essentially the same as last season. The club is still in financial trouble because of the new expensive field the idiots are building.

*Kim O'Callaghan is officially leaving Vauxhall.

*I also terminate the contracts of Fearnehough and Rutter. I'd love to keep them as backups just for nostalgic reasons, but I couldn't afford them anymore.

*Players that will be returning include MC Martin Dey, DC Joe Tait, DC Dominic Kennedy, DC Spencer Harris, DC/DMC Luke Blakely, ST Adam Hubbard, LW Jack Clark, GK Paul Walker, ST Lloyd Ellams.

*Offseason signings:

ST Ricky Miller ($400 p/w) - A very fast striker with great Determination (16), Work Rate (13), Flair (10), and Long Shots (11). Should fit well in our system.

RW Jermaine Knight ($110 p/a) - Mostly to be a backup, he has decent speed and good crossing ability.

DC Neil Byrne ($300 p/w) - Great physical skills. Should be valuable defending corners, which is one of our major weaknesses last season.

And that is enough to break our bank. The rest we get will have to be on loan. The following guys will be on loan at the start of the season.

MC Kevin Brown - Great athlete who can dribble and pass.

LW Mike Khan - Good crossing and creativity. Will challenge Clark for starting spot.

ST Daryl Prescott
- Slower than I like my strikers (8 Pace), but has good finishing and heading.

DMC Anthony Martin - Good defender and passer. A little slow and not very determined.

RW Jordan Jones - Very good speed and no major weaknesses. I only have him for three months and he will probably be the starter that whole time.

*I also promote ST Lee Vickers from the youth squad. He has decent finishing and speed.

*That is it for now. I will be keeping an eye on the loan market. I definitely need more depth at striker.

*We are given 50-1 odds for promotion and picked to finish 23rd. Stevenage are favorites at 3-1, with evil Dag & Red at 5-1.

*It will be interesting to see how this season will go. Without the extra payroll that I expected, we didn't get to upgrade like I wanted. We relied on O'Callaghan so much the past couple seasons that I'm worried how we'll do without him.

*Speaking of O'Callaghan, he's just sitting there on the free transfer market with no offers and still unwilling to speak to me.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 05-16-2014 at 11:26 PM.
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote