View Single Post
Old 12-18-2018, 10:04 PM   #23
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

11 June, 1476 – My navy is fully updated and I send it out to help protect trade.

1 Aug – I get an event that increases my ADM power by 100.

1 Oct – Our Admin power increases to 7 which gives us another Group of Ideas…

HM….

Options

1. Exploration – Invest in the first level, sent out an Explorer immediately. I can colonize Tenerife next to Morocco already and when get my stuff.

Now this makes sense. Iberia was the best for colonizing due to it’s location. Both of it’s nations, due to the advantages they had due to their location, are strong. We’ll I have the trade node of Sevilla, so it would make sense that after I captured it, to begin to explore. On the other hand, I don’t want this to become my Athens dynasty where I was constantly colonizing everywhere. I do see Granada out there exploring, but not necessarily yet.

2. Trade – Invest in the first idea to get +20% global trade power, and by the time I have finished, we’ll have two more merchants and tons more trade value.

Again, this makes sense given that we just brought a trade node into our dominion. We want to push it’s value

3. Economic – This is an Admin idea group and fights against my ADM tech development, but this will grow my taxes, build costs, and more.

Again, it’s a solid idea.

4. Admin – This loves mercs. Another Admin idea group though.

Right now I’m feeling Dip groups.

Maritime? Dip? Influence? Espionage? There are a number of solid Diplomatic Idea Groups to push.

I choose Exploration. Not because want to Athens, but because I need to know when Castile/Portugal and such are to take them out.

I grab idea #1 Quest for the New World, fire my current Admiral, and then hire an Explorer.

31 Dec – Tunis expands again

11 Feb, 1477 – I choose a centralized bureaucracy that increases my autonomy attrition rate.

1 June – Our first expedition has finished and the next heads out.

1 Sept – I fabricate a claim on Toledo

8 Oct – I can see Portuguese colonists in Tenerife

18 Oct – Qadis converts and my next target is Al-Mansha

1 Nov – Another mission heads out

8 Nov – We purchase a Farm Estate in our trade depot of Isbiliya

26 Dec – At the age of 71, our monarch passes.

His heir, Is’mail III, 21, is a 2/5/3 successor with a tactical genius mentality. He has no heir yet.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote