Thread: Board Games
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2020, 12:44 AM   #3758
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
While me and my friends play a variety of board games, the vast majority are co-op games. I much prefer them to competitive games. I would just much rather spend an evening working with my friends than against them. I'm largely the same with video games. I guess I am just not overly competitive.

Gloomhaven is one of best co-op experiences we've had. You throw in the RPG elements, the system, which is really quite elegant, and everything else, I don't mind the set up and tear down times.

I haven't tried to table top simulator yet, but I'll definitely look into it.

I'm torn; my wife and I are playing along with the community campaign the developer is running alongside the Frosthaven campaign, and we've been playing with the physical copy. It's fantastic, but the set-up and takedown is brutal. Tabletop Simulator streamlines it all really well, and it's crazy convenient...

... But there's something about the tactility of the physical game that is definitely lacking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
E

I find tabletop simulator/ tabletopia very frustrating. I want to reach into the screen to physically grab and move the pieces.

Generally though I spend very little time on non mobile electronic devices nowadays except for work

I've also found that I personally do not like campaign games. I like playing different games and having full resolution when the game is over

Yeah, this wouldn't be the game for you then; tons of the appeal is the development from session to session, both of the characters and the world itself.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote