View Single Post
Old 07-15-2008, 03:51 PM   #15
jdavidbakr
High School Varsity

I think the wizard idea would be great, also having your coaches' skills play larger (and have the whole coach hiring process much more like the FA process where you can figure out what exactly is going on from one stage to the next, and even the ability to fire your coach mid-season). At the very least it would be nice to have a slider on the game planning screens, or make all the screens automatically adjust after you close them (the defensive game plan screen, for example, adjusts the "Aggressive Pass" defense if you reduce the "Aggressive Run" defense, so if I want to keep the focus on the run the same but just move some of the aggressive run defense to the regular run defense, I have to calculate in my head what the regular run defense should be before changing the aggressive run defense ... sliders would make this process much more intuitive, even breaking it down into "run" and "pass" and then sub-sliders for "aggressive" and "normal").

I love the depth that is there now with the game planning, but the intuitiveness of the interface is lacking. Each game plan I have to go into each pass coverage screen, for example, to set the pass coverage, and am always paranoid that I'm going to miss one. Again, using a wizard and then having your coach help out with the gameplanning more intuitively would be great.

Also want to echo the game time adjustments concern, not just when your starting QB goes out but halftime adjustments as well. Obviously this would be up to the coach to make these adjustments as it's impossible to game plan every possible situation, but if your game plan is failing there should be the ability to deviate from it somehow.
jdavidbakr is offline   Reply With Quote