View Single Post
Old 12-07-2008, 10:24 AM   #17
Anthony
Banned

i'd like to see more holding out. to echo what jbaker said - if WR Joe Smith signs a new deal that is tops in the league for his position then my WR Bob Jones should want to hold out until i redo his deal since he made the Pro Bowl. have the loyalty rating come into play here - if Bob Jones had high loyalty that'd make it less likely he'd want to redo his deal just cuz someone else signed a better deal.

also, promising playing time should be a new feature. make it so that if i sign a guy to a deal and promise him he'll be a top backup and all of a sudden he winds up starting all my games he's gonna want a new deal. or if i sign a guy and offer him the chance to be my starter and he winds up riding the bench he's gonna hold out or be disruptive. guys get "disgruntled" due to playing time currently but i have yet to see how that translates into wins or losses. if i sign a great guy to a 5 year deal and he becomes my backup in year one and he doesn't like that the worst thing that happens is he's stuck on my team for 4 more years and i have a disgruntled player on my hands but doesn't mess me up in any blatant way.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote