View Single Post
Old 11-25-2017, 07:54 PM   #51
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

2 Oct – I can now declare war on Muscovy

I built a third army of 10k and another general for it. I also have 2000 troops to the side to capture lesser territory. I have three armies on the edge of Muscovy, my two big ones of 15k each with 2k artillery each, and those are going to hit and move deep. Then I have my 10k army with a lot of inf and artillery to siege and be available as a third unit to give myself the needed flexibility,.

I am going to win this war:

1. I have a bigger military by far
2. I have a better economy to support an army bigger than my force limit. Right now, with my military additions, I’m at +1.1 annually
3. I have better allies
4. I don’t declare a war I don’t intend on winning

I declare war for Rzhev

I call Poland to battle, and they willingly accept for 10 favors. I have bunches from helping them out a few times.

The Battle:

Muscovy
Tver
Rostov
Yaroslavl

Vs

Pskov
Poland
Lithuania – Poland’s Jr. Partner
Livonian Order - Our vassal
Mazovia – Poland’s Vassal
Moldovia – Poland’s March

I chose not to call in Estonia. But the Russian Steppes is about to run red with the blood of the defeated!

6 Nov – My besieging army arrives in Tver, the capital of, well, Tver.

12 Nov – I take Rzhev

24 Nov – Vishy V is ours

27 Nov – One of my main armies begins a siege next to Moskva

29 Nov – Another province is ours

6 Dec – A siege of Rostov begins by one of my mains

23 Dec – Two more minors are ours

25 Dec – Poland arrives in Moskva and begins a siege

16 Feb, 1498 – Muscovy choose to chase my minor armies and routed one.

Poland is moving her 35k strong army at our foes

29 Apr – Poland defeats the main Muscovy army

11 July – A huge bloody battle commences in the province we are besieging as 32k combined Muscovy and vassal forces arrive to send out my 15k strong army. Three days into the battle, the large Polish force arrives, and we win and force them away.

31 July – We capture Tver

Next? Moskva!

2 Aug – We capture Mozhaisk, the province we were besieging

22 Aug - Rostov falls

Next? Yaroslavl

4 Oct – Lithuania routs the Tver army

I spend 45 MIL to breach the Moskva with my forces (I have 4k artillery here, one more than the fort’s defenders) to open a breach for me to assault with these two armies

22 Dec – We assault and capture Moskva

Now I have a few options. We have a huge warscore, and I can do this, but it looks weird on a map:

Tver
Moskva
Rzhev
Mozhaisk

Now that pisses off a lot of folks, Novgorod, Sweden, Odoydev and Muscovy would consider that enough to put me past the point of no return in terms of badboy.

Now if I wanted to be funny, I could transfer their three subjects to me and then force them to release Beloozero.

I have it

I take:

Tver
Moskva
Rzhev
Mozhaisk
War Reparations

Too bad I couldn’t take the holding that my mission wanted.

It looks odd on the map, but Mozhaisk is the better grab with its level 2 castle

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote