View Single Post
Old 11-02-2019, 09:49 PM   #363
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
Defense mentally weak and the offense leaves them on the field too long. They are physically tired in the 4th. B1G West teams grind you down.

He needs to fix the defense and clean up the off the field stuff. He has a lot of work to do with that program.

Im not sure if next year will be any better. And their schedule is not real easy. At NW, at OSU, at Iowa, at Wisconsin and hosting PSU. Thats very tough. Easily could be 5 losses right there. Esp. when the have OSU, PSU, Iowa and Wisconsin in a row in November.

I'll just save this and set a reminder for a year...
Dude as long as you've followed college football I'd think you'd realize how quick culture change happens.

Swinney had the first losing season in over a decade his 2nd year at Clemson, year 3 they played a BCS game.

Year two is the worst for a new coach. If he wants to change culture. Year two you have two classes of old guard as upper class leaders. You have one underclass of old guard that arent the new regimes "guys". You have one class of your guys, which is usually not a full class and they aren't mature enough to share your message. Year two is the worst.

I expect major improvement from Nebraska and Arkansas next year...

You can't make an omelette without crashing eggs.

What's ironic is you rail against Ferentz... and that is Iowa's curse. He is above average to pretty good. He will never suck... but he will never be elite either. They fear the temporary suck so they reject the chance to be elite.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote