View Single Post
Old 08-23-2006, 10:35 PM   #2167
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
I'm really surprised at how few people suspected/guessed that Gram was a mason after the tie vote with Chubby.

What did people think of the mason rule in this game?

I think the game was a bit slanted to the wolves because of failsafes in the game.

The villagers had the masons as a plus. Its the start of a CoT and something to build on. I had started working on my own CoT with Schmidty/Barkeep , which is why it pained me so much that Barkeep got so much suspicion later in the game. When I say I 90% trust someone, I don't usually blow smoke about that type of thing, so I meant it.

The wolves had their similar block of who they knew, but they didn't know all of their allies which hurt them some. The thing though is the wolves had a failsafe if something went wrong (a lucky lynch of a wolf, or accidentally killing their own ally woops!) they still had a duke role and a seer role as an ally.

The good guys did not have any such failsafes. If the Mason CoT failed them, they had no fall back. Anything could have helped balance it a little in my opinion, whether a bodyguard, or a witness or such could have helped alot.

Either way, the game was still alot of fun for me and I enjoyed it!
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote