View Single Post
Old 07-02-2014, 11:23 PM   #28
BYU 14
Coordinator

All about some experimentation this time out as I try Dempsey on the left side of midfield, get Donovan another match at forward and take a look at the youngster Okugo, who I have been criticized roundly about for putting him on the 23 man squad. We close at home and want to put on a show, so we will go attack.

10/15/2013World Cup Qualifying: USA 5-2-2 (2nd) VS Jamaica 4-1-4 (4th)
Record vs Opponent 1-0-0Att: 25,000Favorite: USA
GK - HowardMid - Beckerman, Dempsey ©, Zusi, Bedoya
Def - Beasley, Besler, Okugo, FiscalST - Altidore, Donovan
SummaryMOM - Luton Shelton Jamaica
8 - A Beckerman giveaway is costly as Luton Shelton gets onto a long ball and nets it 0-1
9 - Another giveaway by Bedoya deep and only a diving save by Howard keeps it out
14 - What the hell, Dempsey this time, Shelton to Jones wide open, amazing save by Howard
15 - Okugo gets a yellow card
26 - Beasley to Altidore, a great pass to Zusi and he is stoned from point blank range
45+1 - Shelton is all alone again and walks in on Howard, who makes another great save
HT - Landon Donovan is acting like a bitch after I rip him, so Johannsson comes on
67 - Fiscal puts a long cross into the box and Zusi settles it, then scores to equalize 1-1
68 - Chandler on for Fiscal and Holden on for Bedoya
80 - A rare mistake by Howard, who hesitates allowing Jason Johnson to blast a cross in 1-2
FinalUSA - 1Jamaica - 2USA scoring
Shots715Zusi (3)
Target29
Poss47%53%
Booked10
What an absolute crapfest, Howard was insane in the first half, but made a huge mistake on the last goal, allowing the Jamaican player to get to the ball, when he could have beaten him if he was decisive.Still, the blame lies with a completely uninspired effort by our midfield and Donovan's pouting as the loss drops us to third in the group

Other group scores
Costa Rica 2 Honduras 0 (Honduras had 3 players sent off, a little home cooking you think?)
Mexico 2 El Salvador 1

Despite the loss to end it, the players leave in good spirits and we will get back at in November with a friendly against Wales
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote