View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 11:11 PM   #78
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

From the Dothan Civic Center, it's Sunday of week 4 may, and that can only mean it's time for:

CWA Championship Wrestling!

Pre-Show: In a bout that had great heat and good action, Bam Bam Bigelow defeated Sgt. Slaughter in 15:28 by pinfall with a Power Bomb after interference from Jim Cornette (C+.. shouldn't have wasted it preshow, but nice to know those two can put up a rating, and I needed Sarge for an angle later)

When the cameras come on:

Bam Bam Bigelow, Austin Idol and Tommy Rich, along with Jim Cornette, are all sittting around the announcers desk... all are puffing cigars..

Jim Cornette: If you're tuning in tonight to see Jerry Lawler, I'm sorry, you won't see him here any more. You see.. last week, my main man, Austin Idol, did what no other man could do. Beat Jerry Lawler and force him out of the CWA. He's gone. Finished. Kaput! So we're all just sitting here and enjoying our victory, and we owe it all to you, Tommy Rich..

Rich takes a puff of his cigar, enjoying the crowd's hatred. "Thanks, Mr. Cornette. People came up to me while I was out and said "Why? Tommy, why did you help Austin Idol run Jerry Lawler out of the CWA? Well.. it's simple. Two reasons. One, CWA had become the Jerry Lawler show. Here I sit, the Southern Heavyweight Champion.. and I could barely get a match. Why? Because Lawler was hogging the spotlight. And then there's the other reason.. you see, there's a saying.. "He who has the gold, makes the rules". I have the gold. I make the rules. Jim Cornette made it financially worth my while.. and seeing the look on Jerry Lawler's face when I brought that steel chair down.. WHAM.. right in between his eyes? That's just a bonus."

Austin Idol: "I told all of you that I was going to run Jerry Lawler out of town.. and I have! You won't see him no more, ever! And to the rest of the CWA, we have three words of warning for you all."

Cornette: "We're" "Taking" "Over". (D+)

In a TV Title Quarterfinal Match: In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Jeff Jarrett defeated Pat Tanaka in 7:03 by submission with a Figure-Four Leglock. (D-)

Rocky Johnson comes to the ring and challenges Tommy Rich to a match. "Rich! What you did ain't right! Someone's gotta stop the Golden Boys.. and it's gonna be the Soulman!" (D)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Bill Dundee defeated Dutch Mantell in 12:45 by pinfall with a Small Package. (C-, I'm trying to build Dundee back up.. so far, not so great, but If not Dundee, then whom?)

After the match: Bill Dundee calls out Jerry Jarrett, owner of the CWA and pleads with him to reinstate Jerry Lawler.. Jerry Jarrett is sorry, but the terms of the contract were clear, and the loser of last week's Austin Idol Jerry Lawler match had to leave CWA. It's not right, it's not fair, but that's how it has to be. (D-)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Tommy Rich defeated Rocky Johnson in 17:14 by pinfall with a Lou Thesz Press. Tommy Rich makes defence number 2 of his Southern Heavyweight title. (C-, And guess what.. Rocky was off his game. Rocky, tonight was your final exam, and I think you failed)

Lance Russell announces that the CWA Championship Committee has announced a #1 contender to the title.. and it's this man.. SERGEANT SLAUGHTER!

Rich sneaks up on Slaughter from behind and hits him with the title. As the show fades to black, Rich is yelling "This is MY BELT, and you won't get it" at the fallen form of the Sarge. (C-)

(D+ Rating)