View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 06:28 PM   #518
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
I think the point that these types of posts always forget is this, if the day ever comes again (coal mine wars) where a sitting US President orders a military attack on US Citizens on US soil, not all soldiers will comply. Those tanks, fighter jets, etc. have to have operators. It isnt like an armed brigade would be fighting the entire capability of the US military.

So it sounds like you don't need an AR-15. It sounds like you just need to convince the military to be on your side.

Quote:
Further, I would point you to Vietnam. With all our technogical advantage we couldn't defeat a trained, poorly supplied - yet determined enemy that was concentrated in an area roughly half the size of Texas. How are they going to fair against a force spread across this country?

We could defeat them if we were willing to accept mass civilian casualties on their side. It wasn't a war of survival for this country unlike your hypothetical civil war.

Quote:
A final point on this path of thought. During the American Revolution only 3% of the colonists supported or took up arms against the Brits. The other 97% were fine to live under that arrangement. It shouldn't be a surprise that "the majority" dont see the need for guns today.

As for me? I am one of that 3%.

No one is taking arms against the government. Everyone has a smartphone, cable TV, and grocery stores offering 40 varieties of frozen pizza. Heck, half the country doesn't even care enough to vote.

A chunk of the population believed Obama was a secret Muslim agent hellbent on destroying the United States and none of those pussies did anything. It's just talk from guys who were getting doctors notes during Vietnam.

The Revolutionary War was during an era where civilian weaponry could match military weaponry. You can't compare that to a time when one side has drones, guided missiles and nuclear submarines. Heck, now all it would take is cutting off power and water to an area and waiting them out.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote