View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 07:30 PM   #527
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
95% of the gun people I've met will reference the "ready to take up arms against the "government", but the heart of the issue for nearly every single one of them is they like to shoot guns. It's a hobby. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that, but a large part of the reason gun debate gets nowhere is the discussions aren't entirely honest. It's attacking a false flag position which means no matter what points are made you aren't going to get anywhere.

If you claim you need guns for home defense then you really don't need more than one. If you claim you keep guns in case you need to rise up against the government then you're delusional. If you like to shoot guns, I get that. It's your thing. It's your hobby. But don't give me the other bullshit as the reason you absolutely must have a stockpile of weapons in your home.

This is spot-on. Just be honest for why you want them. Nothing wrong with that.

Have the same gripe with marijuana legalization. You don't have to compile some shoddy studies telling me it cures cancer or whatever, just tell me the truth, you want to get high. It's cool, we all have things we like to do.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote