View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 11:20 PM   #205
Radii
Head Coach

After a long MMO stint I decided to fire this back up today. I think I'd rather try to keep this going instead of buying FM11 at this point and trying to start something new. Re-reading the last page of the dynasty I remember all the guys on the team and want to try to take this a bit further.

December Notes

The board is delighted with my performance. Outperforming expectations in League 2 is a top reason for the delight. The departure of Mark Ricketts remains the top sticking point. We made money last month! $53k profit, thanks entirely to our huge gate receipts from the recent FA Cup match vs Peterborough. We have an overall balance of -$453,358. As long as we keep doing well there seems to be cash infusions to keep us going though.

DL Stelios Nikolaou trained well last month and saw improvements in a couple key ratings, Marking (up to 7) and Positioning (up to 10).

FA Cup 3rd Round Draw

I cannot see us advancing past Peterborough... but if we somehow do, we'd get to host League 2 side Crewe in the next round. That would be a great draw for us.

December 3rd, 2013

Bury (4-6-8, 18th) @ Woking (7-6-5, 10th)

We go into this match slim favorites (5:4). Bury has been in League 2 for the last 12 years, only making the playoffs one time. They were 22nd last year.

This is our first ever meeting with Bury. They're led by Striker Scott Rendell who has 6 goals in 18 league matches. No one else has more than 3.

GK: Lynch
D: Nikolaou/Williams/Smith/Ogogo
MC: Upson/O'Sullivan
AM: Jesus/Downes
ST: Pablo/Subotic

5': We control possession in their 3rd for quite some time before O'Sullivan takes a long shot that's deflected out. Corner comes to nothing. We control immediately after their goal kick, more buildup, another shot deflected out, another corner going nowhere.

11': We earn a corner, Downes takes it short, Williams back out to downes who crosses it in, Smith with a header... off the crossbar! It was a good look.

15': Bury with their first shot, a long effort way off target. We have 6 shots, only one on target though (3 have been blocked).

19': Jesus has generated two great looks with runs down the left side and crosses into the area, headers from Pablo and Subotic have both gone over.

24': Upson with a pass ahead ot Jesus, he beats his man, into the box, he's tripped and a penalty is called!!! Its taken by williams... and sent wide. gah.

36': the last number of highlights have been Bury attacks... nothing serious though. Nikolaou just got called for a foul that looked sure to be a yellow to me.

39': Back to back yellow cards for Bury in defense.

HALF: We have 11 shots to their 9. We only managed one shot in the last 20 minutes of the half and things have evened out greatly. Our chances seemed better, but only one on target despite two clear cut chances, and its of course 0-0. Missing a penalty is pretty devastating.

46': We generate a nice attack right out of the gate, its yet another run down the left side by Jesus, a cross, and a header right at the keeper. Its at least on target this time.

62': Ademola comes in for a tired Downes at AMR. Jesus is tiring too but he's generated most of our chances so far, so I leave him in for now.

64': I change to an attacking mindset.

70': Clapham in for Jesus, Pulis in for O'Sullivan

71': As we clear a ball out, Bury midfielder Mat Mitchell-King picks up a second yellow card for a trip. We have a man advantage the rest of the way and really need to find a goal to win.

76': Ademola goes down with an injury and comes off the field briefly.

85': A long pass starts a counter attack for Bury. Their striker Rendell gets to it ahead of the defense but we catch up as he tries to set up for a shot, williams knocks it out for a corner.

87': A dangerous through ball by upson is cleared back for a corner. Clapham takes one, cleared back for another... the second is intercepted harmlessly.

89': We attack hard after a long clearance is picked off. Clapham runs down the left side.. into the box... a pass is deflected, Pablo races to it, but the keeper beats him to the ball by a split second.

92': Clapham with a terrible corner attempt. We win the ball back, Clapham with a terrible cross.

And thats it. We're unable to generate a goal here against a much worse team at home. This is a big disappointment.

Woking 0 : 0 Bury

Ogogo earns man of the match with a 7.3 rating. Nikolaou puts up a 7.2, Smith a 7.1, its all about the defense today.

Pablo had 4 shots, all off target. Subotic put 2 shots on target but both were saved. We ended up taking 18 shots today and putting only 2 of them on target. Bury had 12 shots, also putting 2 on target. We had 2 clear cut chances(to their 0) and hit the woodwork twice. Very disappointing result.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote