View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 02:27 AM   #234
Radii
Head Coach

-- Norwich beats Preston (both league 1 sides) 4-1 to win the Johnstone's Paint Trophy.

April Update

We play 5 matches in April, the season is getting close to finishing up here. We have a critical offseason ahead of us and the world cup coming up soon. We have an $850k loan that we start repaying this month... $3500/mo goes towards that. Uh yeah I don't remember seeing any info on that loan but apparently the new chairman took it out or it was part of the deal or something... we made a profit of over $900k last month and $850k of it is from "investments". This loan allows us a positive balance... barely. I'm worried what will happen next season when we dip well back into the red. I fully intend to spend the money I'm allowed to spend to try to make the team successful, I don't have an order to turn a profit or anything. And I don't have any breakout players who I could try to sell either. Nikolaou is valued at $180k, no one else is over $60k.

-- Sole is injured by Christian Smith in training.

April 5th, 2014

Dag & Red (20-7-12, 3rd) @ Woking (11-16-12, 15th)

Dag & Red are pick em favorites at our place. We're 11:5 to get a draw or a win equally. They're tied in points for 3rd but have a better goal differential than Oxford, so they're fighing for auto-promotion and have tons to play for. We tied 0:0 at their place in late november. Izale McLeod has 16 goals and Jason Bradley 13 for Dag & Red, the two names to keep an eye out for. Pablo is up to 9 now for us after his little scoring outbreak the last couple matches.

GK: Lynch
D: Nikolaou/Williams/Smith/Ogogo
MC: Upson/O'Sullivan
AM: Jesus/Downes
ST: Pablo/Subotic

We're completely rested. This is, I believe, the best lineup we're capable of fielding.

1': Bright for Dag & Red with a yellow for taking down O'Sullivan. Two fouls by them in the first minute.

3': Long outlet by Dag & Red, our defensive line is up very high... their forward wins the race to the ball but Lynch makes a good save to force a corner, which we defend well.

14': clear cut chance for Dag & Red on a long cross.. but a header is taken incredibly weakly and is an easy save for lynch.

16': we manage our first shot, a poor header by O'Sullivan after a long cross into the box on a free kick.

21': We build up possession, getting the ball to Jesus, a cross into the box, its a strong header... I think by Pablo, saved and deflected over by the keeper. first corner is headed back, second we waste.

32': O'Sullivan picks up a yellow

40': Huge error on our part... a through ball and Christian Smith thought his man was offsides and appears to pretty much stop. they shoot, Lynch saves but its deflected back into play, the rebond is put into the net. 0-1. Dag & Red has 4 clear cut strikes now... we are giving up too many easy looks.

46': Dudgeon for Dag & Red with a yellow.

HALF: We control 58% of the possesion, shooting 5 times but only putting one on target. They shoot 6 times, 5 are on target and 4 are clear cut strikes. They aren't doing much but when they do generate a chance its a really dangerous one. We need to get something going to get that goal back.

50': Smith takes a corner, its put into the 6 yard box, williams runs onto it and gets his head to it, but its over the bar.

52': they take a long goal kick, Lynch comes all the way out of the penalty area but botches a header... it falls to a Dag & Red attacker who takes advantage of their 5th clear cut chance of the match to pu the ball into the now empty net. Terrible decision by Lynch. It felt like our defenders were there ad would not have allowed a good look. 0-2

60': Long clearance by our guys... O'Sullivan forward to Downes, Downes is behidn the defense, he controls the ball in the penalty area, shoots, its off the left post, and ricochets into the net!!! 1-2

70': Harsanyi in for a tiring Jesus.

73': Upson feeds the ball into the area for Subotic. Subotic tries to turn on his man to get a shot off.. he's brought down... the ref gives the penalty!! Williams will take it. He puts it into the net! 2-2

80': Harsanyi with a very nice ball forward to Subotic, he's tripped before he can make it into the penalty area. Yellow card for defender Doe, but we can't do anything with the free kick.

83': We allow them to get very deep in our end, a nice turn by attacker Scott to get a cross into the 6 yard box. Their man Lee goes up with Nikolaou... Lee gets to it, and heads it easily into the net. 2-3

93': A great play forward by our midfield, Harsanyi to Upson, Upson with a ball into the area for O'Sullivan, O'Sullivan is brought down, and hard! He's hurt, like legitimately hurt with an injury symbol over his head, but there is no penalty given! We earn a corner, Ed Upson goes nuts about the lack of a penalty and gets a yellow card. We can do nothing with the corner kick and that is basically the end of the match.

Woking 2 : 3 Dag & Red

Joe O'Sullivan is man of the match with a 7.9 rating today and an assist. Goals come from Williams (6.6) and Downes (7.2). Our other assist from Subotic (7.5). Elsewhere, Christian Smith puts up a 7.0 and Upson a 7.0.

Nikolaou and O'Sullivan both pick up bad looking injuries (based on the fatigue hit) in the final 5 minutes.

We shoot 15 times but can only manage to put 3 shots on target. They shoot 10 times, but get 8 of them on target and generate a whopping 5 clear cut chances. We did pretty well to make it a 3-2 game as poorly as our defense played.

-- Nikolaou is out for 3-4 weeks. O'Sullivan is ok after all.

-- There is no press conference after the match. Since O'Sullivan went down injured at the end I was going to call out the ref, something I very rarely take the risk of doing.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote